Monday, May 3, 2010

First run with a buddy

Statistics:
Distance: 3 miles + 2 miles
Time: 29:27 + 24:21

Stats/Track map 1

Stats/Track map 2


Observations:

As you can see, I split my run into two parts. The reason is that my friend, Amy, wanted to come along. She's a newer runner and didn't want to go as far and as fast as I have been running, so I had her join me for the end of my run. I did 3 miles on my own at a fast pace, then Amy and I did two miles at a more moderate pace.

I'm pretty happy with my results today. I did 3 miles in 29:27, which is the first time I've broken 30 miles for 3 miles since high school! It was definitely a more aerobic-intensive run than normal, but my pace was consistent, and I feel good about it. The pace was about 20 seconds per mile quicker than my 7-mile pace from Saturday, so that sounds decent.

Then it was about 10 minutes until Amy met up with me, so I stretched a bit, then we did two miles at about 12 minutes per mile. So the total was 5 miles, and I felt fine at the finish. I'm feeling good about my training pace for the Soldier Field 10-mail on Memorial Day weekend.


Street Shout-out:

Shout-out to the little (actually kinda big) stag beetle on the sidewalk.


Next:

Thursday - 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment