Monday, May 10, 2010

CES Run 1 done

Statistics:
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:10

Stats/Track map


Observations:

Wasn't sure how today was going to play out. I had a twinge in my left calf from Saturday's long run. I was debating doing my cross-training workout today and running tomorrow instead, but decided I wanted to push through it and see how it felt to run today (after looking at the weather forecast).

The training program called for 40 minutes of running, rather than a prescribed distance. Knowing my runs lately, I figured that'd be a little under 4 miles. Maybe 3.5 or so. Anyway, I set out at a brisk pace, but nothing too taxing. At my first mile marker, I had done about 10:10. I felt like I'd slowed down a bit for the second mile, but when I hit that distance, I was still cruising at about that pace, perhaps a bit slower with a 10:20 or so.

The last two miles also felt good. I was able to keep that pace up without difficulty, and I think I could have done two more miles at that pace had that been on the agenda. So all in all, a good run. Oh, and I did it without bringing my water bottle, so that's pretty cool.

OK, an added bonus. On my run, I saw this, and I had to stop and take a picture.

















I believe there may be a bucket. I do not believe it contains honey. This ranks right up there with previous favorite port-o-potty names "Lepre-Can" and "Drop Zone".


Next:
Tuesday - cross-training (strength training/weight lifting)

No comments:

Post a Comment