Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back on track 2, electric boogaloo

Statistics:
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 42:19

Stats/Track Map


Observations:

This run was actually Wednesday night. Sorry for the late post. My internet crapped out on me last night and won't be up until Saturday when the repair guy comes, so I had to wait to post until I had internet here at work.

Felt very good about this run. I wanted to try out a new running app on my Droid, so the stats/track map link is different than the previous ones, you'll notice. I like the new app because it keeps me updated about my distance and pace as I'm running. Also, it uses the motion sensors in the Droid along with GPS to provide a bit better accuracy. How it does that, I have no idea, but it's cool!

I wanted to push my pace a bit on this run, and I did. Despite having to wait a good 20-30 seconds at Montrose for the light, I still managed a 10:34 per mile average pace. I feel like it was pretty consistent throughout as well, so it's good to know that I was both consistent and faster.

Also, I feel great today! No major pains, and my knees feel fine walking down stairs! The new shoes must be doing the job. Also, I was paying attention to my stride and my body mechanics during the run, so good form probably helped with that as well. So, all in all a very good run with good signs for the future.


Next

Saturday - 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment