Monday, April 5, 2010

Not a good day

Statistics:
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 28:47

Stats/Track map

Observations:

Ugh, dunno what happened, but something was way wrong today. I'm going to be working Saturday, so I was able to take today off, and I thought I'd do a mid-day run instead of tonight. The weather is nice, about 60 degrees, sunny but with shade. I ate a decent breakfast and drank some fluids before the run.

But once I got out there and running, I had an empty tank. I have no idea why. I was out of breath at the first mile at what should have been a normal pace. So I walked for about a quarter mile and tried running again, but then I had a cramp in my lower calf, so I just kept walking until I got back home.

My best guess is lack of fluids, but I just don't know for sure. I had some wine last night, but I drank plenty of non-alcoholic fluids after that, and this morning as well. I ate plenty yesterday, but not too much, and like I said, I had a sensible breakfast this morning. And I had a good night's sleep. But I just had no energy. It's really bizarre. I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke and hope that tomorrow will be better. This doesn't bode well for Thursday's 6-mile run, but what else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment