Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New shoes!

I took my old shoes (the shoes I'd gotten 3 weeks ago) back to Fleet Feet to get a second opinion. I had a sneaking suspicion that they were at least partially responsible for my outside knee pain. Sure enough, the wear pattern on the the soles suggested that the outside of my foot/leg/knee was taking the brunt of my weight when I was running, and that's not ideal.

The guy said that those shoes had too much support, basically, which oddly enough was doing the same thing to me as too little support. So I got a new pair of shoes with "just-right" support. (They came with a bowl of porridge and a can of bear repellent.)

The new pair is also made by Saucony. They feel comfortable on my feet, but I won't be giving them a true test drive until Saturday morning. I'm giving my legs a chance to rest and heal so I'm not just re-aggravating anything from the old shoes. so, adieu until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment