Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tight legs today

Statistics:
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 21:58

Stats/Track map


Observations:

This was going to be a 4-mile run, which obviously was cut short. It was cold out. Not freezing, but just cold and breezy, and when I got running, my legs just felt tight. I wasn't out of breath or anything. Just didn't think I should push it. My friend Jess suggested I work in some strength training, so I think I'm gonna try doing that this week. I'm signed up for two races this weekend, both 5K runs, so nothing bad. Just adding some fun to the training.

Anyway, one thing I did was run the 2-mile track without cutting the corners into the cross shape. According to the tracker, it's pretty much exactly 2 miles, which means that I was right that cutting the corners is making the tracker think I'm not running as far as I am. So on the recent 4 and 6 mile runs, I actually went about .2 miles farther than the tracker thinks. Oh well, no big deal. I'll just have to take that into account when checking my time in the future. I'm basically running faster miles than it says I am.


Next:
like I said, I'm gonna try to work in some strength training, possibly tomorrow night. I'm busy Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and I'm not going to do it Friday night, with the race Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment