Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday morning 9-miler

Statistics:
Distance: 9 miles
Time: unknown*


Observations:

Well, I'm glad we get started at 6:30 AM, because it's supposed to get up to 90 today. Our path today took us south down the lakefront path from North Ave. almost to Soldier Field, and back. It's a nice, scenic route right along the lake for sections, but also a lot less shady than the northbound path we'd been taking on previous weeks. I went through a lot of water and Gatorade today, but finished ok. I was definitely more spent today than I was for the Soldier Field 10-miler a few weeks ago.

The path itself is more narrow than the one we'd been taking, and it's bounded often by rails and walls, so we had to go single file for several sections and were on our toes for other runners and bikers. But all in all, it wasn't too difficult to negotiate the people.

Definitely glad it's over, though. I'm gonna eat some jambalaya and rest for a while.

*BTW, for some reason my GPS couldn't get a fix on the satellites. I guess the skies were just TOO clear. ;) So it only recorded a little over 6 miles of our run. I think it missed the first 3 miles, but you can still see the full length of the route on the map since it caught the entire return trip.

Next:
Monday - 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment