Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chip runs, Blackhawks win!

Statistics:
Distance: 4.2 miles
Time: 45:45


Observations:

After all the craziness of last night, I completely forgot to write up my run report. For those unaware, last night was the NHL finals Game 6, and if the Blackhawks won that game, they'd win the Stanley Cup!

I had my group run scheduled for 6:30, and basically the deal is you just run for the prescribed time, not any set distance. My group was supposed to do a 45-minute run. It's not as organized as the Saturday runs, where they set specific pace groups. This was just a less formal run.

So I set out following some people that seemed to be on pace with me. I didn't know anyone in the group, but I eventually partnered up with a girl named Cory that was running at my pace. So that was nice, to have someone to talk to during the run.

It was pretty hot, at about 80 degrees and sunny. I had forgotten to bring my fuel belt, and I forgot to drink any water at the start, so I had to resort to the water fountain on the course. I ended up just fine, but I'd have been in less discomfort if I'd had more water. Live and learn, I guess.

Anyway, when I get back to Fleet Feet, the Blackhawks game is on their TVs so I watched a few minutes before I met up with Jess and her friend. I hitched a ride with them back to my neighborhood to watch the rest of the game. And the Blackhawks ended up winning, so that finished out the day pretty nicely. Congrats, Hawks!


Next:
Saturday - 8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment