Sunday, June 6, 2010

Got me a fuel belt!

Statistics:
Distance: 5 miles
Time:54:33


Observations:

I ended up not running yesterday with the group. My knees had been feeling kind of weird on Friday, so I was a little concerned about that. Plus, I ended up having to work on Saturday morning, and it was gonna be iffy if I'd be able to get home, shower, change, and get down to work in time. So I went today instead. I'd have preferred to run in the evening when it's cooler, but there's a Blackhawks game coming and I'm not missing that!

So I went out today at 11:00 instead. Weather was upper 60's, so not horribly hot, empirically, thought the sun was out, and it definitely felt hot. I picked up a new Fuel Belt this week, so today was my first day to try it out. Long story short, I like it. It feels comfortable on me, with the adjustable velcro that lets me make it just the right length. It's the 4-bottle version, which will hold four 8-ounce bottles for 32 ounces. I split them, half Gatorade and half water this time. The water was nice to have because I could splash some on my head and neck to cool down.

The good news is my legs felt fine after resting last week. No shin problems at all, and that's a big relief. So the rest did good for my legs. But I think I paid for it a bit in fatigue. Part of that is surely the heat and sun, but I think some of that was the fact that I hadn't run in 7 days (besides the 1-mile aborted attempt I made on Monday). So just for that reason, it's good to have the first run behind me so I can be back in the habit of running again.


Next:
Monday - 45 minutes easy run

No comments:

Post a Comment