Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First run back!

Statistics:
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 33:03


Observations:

Well, I finally couldn't wait any longer, and I went for a 3-mile run tonight. Oddly, I don't have much to say. The run felt good. My feet didn't hurt inordinately, at least not any more than my legs. In other words, I'm a little sore following my first run after not running for two and a half months, but hopefully that's all.

Pace-wise I did great! I was right on my 11-minute per mile pace. I wasn't pushing it to stay at that speed, it was just my natural speed. So that's a positive thing. I'll check in with my foot tomorrow and make sure it's ok.


Next:

The tentative plan is to go for a run on Saturday morning. I'm thinking 4 miles. Then re-assess and see about building up some mileage in the next few weeks. If I'm going to do the New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon in February, I don't have tons of time to coast, so hopefully I can be aggressive and careful at the same time. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment