Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gotta (re)start somewhere!

Statistics:
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 33:35


Observations:

Since my foot was hurting with the old inserts, on Saturday I went back to Fleet Feet and got re-assessed and ended up getting new shoes and less extreme inserts. So I decided to take them out for a test drive last night. During the day yesterday, I was thinking six miles, but at night I decided that four would be a little smarter for my first run in two weeks. The extra two miles wouldn't do that much for me, and might just make things worse. So I aimed for four miles. After two, my stomach was cramping up, I think from late lunch/early dinner, so I decided to cut my run to 3 miles.

My feet felt pretty good. My foot isn't 100% better yet, but I just couldn't stand to sit around anymore. Of course, I had an old blister on my big toe that wasn't quite healed, apparently, and the run re-aggravated it. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another. I hope that heals quickly. Neosporin and band-aids to the rescue!

In other news, I signed up for the October 31st running of the Monster Half Marathon! It sounds like a lot of fun, and a good bridge to keep me in shape as I transition to training for February's Mardi Gras Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment