Sunday, July 11, 2010

Best. Run. Ever!

Statistics:
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 44:00

*No map/stats - pouring rain tonight so I didn't want to take my phone out where it'd get wet. Besides, with the clouds, I wouldn't have gotten a GPS signal anyway.


Observations:

I enjoyed tonight's run SO much! It was a combination of things that led to it. First, the fact that I was running at all was a major reason. Not having run for the last three weeks was really getting me down. I was hating the fact that I had been so good about sticking to this regime, only to have an injury keep me from being able to keep it up. I had been contemplating doing yesterday's 11-mile group run with CES; I told myself that if my foot started hurting, that I'd just stop and turn around. But I knew that with my whole group there, I wouldn't want to stop, so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and stayed away from the temptation.

But I was feeling good today. I was out at the park all afternoon, and I wore my running shoes and socks to see how my foot felt in my running shoe. It felt good, and I even ran on it for a little while to test it out and felt good about it. Also, it was raining pretty constantly tonight, and the temperature was a really comfortable 70 degrees, and it just seemed like it'd be fun to run in the rain.

So, putting that all together, after I got about a mile into the run, knowing my foot wasn't going to collapse on me, I just started feeling ecstatic! It was dark, I was running in the rain, soaked, not caring a bit about it, my body feeling good, and it was just awesome!

Also, I could not have paced myself better. I was aiming for 11-minute miles, and I was so on target with my pace, that when I stopped my watch at the end, it was at 44:00 exactly! Yeah, I'm pretty awesome like that. ;)

Also, props must be given to Fleet Feet for fitting me perfectly with shoes and to Balego running socks (and myself for choosing the right size socks to fit me). By the end of the run, my shoes and socks were drenched, but my feet were so secure that I didn't get a single blister!


Next:
It's a surprise! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment